Bell peppers (any color)
Pasta sauce (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Red hot pepper (optional)
Any herbs to your taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Cut squash in 2 parts. Remove seeds. Grease with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and put in oven the cut side down on the pan until completely soft turning. I use avocado oil and coconut oil for cooking. These are only 2 oils which can handle high temperature without developing carcinogens. I use olive oil only for cold dishes like salad dressing.
3) While squash is baking, saute all vegetables together except for the fast cooking ones, such as tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms if you choose to add them.
4) At the very end add fast cooking veggies and pasta sauce.
5) Add salt, pepper and greens.
6) When squash in the oven is ready, remove it and let to cool down for a few minutes. When it's cool enough to handle with your hands, you can easily remove soft part with a for, arrange on a plate or in a bowl and put red sauce over it.
7) Here are 3 ways you can eat this dish:
1. You can serve sauce over spaghetti
2. Mix sauce and spaghetti into one wholesome dish and serve with side salad.
3. The all together mixed dish can be served over a slice of bread with vegenaise on it.
Note: You don't have to follow this recipe exactly the way I made it. Every ingredient can be substituted with any other veggies you have at home.
It tastes so good! Yum! Enjoy!